Viktoria Mullova discusses playing on a Baroque violin and there’s a report on research into Stradivari’s varnish. Players discuss performing Haydn’s quartets and we ask how luthiers can market themselves successfully. Plus, a look at the violin-playing skills of super-sleuth Sherlock Holmes.
|Dimensions||21 x 30 x 0.5 cm|
Sold by: The Strad Shop
SUBSCRIBE today from £5.25 a month
- 12 issues in print – Priority Mail
- Two detailed instrument posters a year – Includes measurements and thickness maps (posters usually retail at £19.95 each)
- The Strad Directory: the essential annual guide for the string music industry, with global listings for businesses, artisans and organisations (usually retails at £19.95)
- No need to wait – start reading today, with a digital edition of each new issue available on The Strad website
- Dedicated sections for players, teachers and luthiers
- Digital issues back to January 2010, giving you access to a wealth of archived content
- Unlimited access to premium online content
- Special supplements, in print and online, including Accessories, String Courses and Degrees
- Access from anywhere on your devices
To see our online subscription options click here.