Terms and Conditions for use of The Strad Shop Merchant Platform
The below terms and conditions apply to access/use of the Merchant Platform and apply to its use for account application, merchant store set-up and ongoing access privileges. These are separate to and operate alongside the Commercial Alliance Agreement which is required to be signed before a merchant store and product listings can be switched live by the site administrator.
- The Strad Shop Merchant Platform is operated by Newsquest Specialist Media Limited (the ‘Publisher’) a company registered in England and Wales under number 02231405 whose registered office is at Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP10 9TY (VAT number 667 8301 08).
- Access to The Strad Shop Merchant Platform is being restricted or password-protected. You will use robust governance to manage/protect access and admin rights to the relevant vendor area of the platform. You will immediately report any violations.
- You may not download, view, print, use or otherwise seek to gain access to any material that is held in any parts of the Site that are restricted or password-protected unless you have proper authorisation and/or have been issued a valid password.
- The ‘Publisher’, is not liable to provide support for use of the platform or any form of maintenance of the Merchant’s Store but will however use best endeavours to provide support within standard UK working hours.
- You agree that you will not use the Site:
(a) for the posting, uploading, e-mailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
(b) in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which may restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
(c) for the posting, uploading, e-mailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
(d) for the posting, uploading, e-mailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(e) in any way that may bring the Publisher into disrepute.
- The Publisher shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to any of the pages on the Site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and the Publisher shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.
- The Publisher shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the pages on the Site any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice and the Publisher shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from the removal of such material.
- The Publisher cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. The Publisher, its directors, its employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
- Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, no warranties are given that it is free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate virus checking software. The Publisher shall not be liable for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of the Site or any hardware on which it is hosted.
- These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after a variation has been posted.
- If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.