Every generation of violin makers has sought to analyse and understand the classic forms, and, for the past 122 years, the violin world’s leading experts have assessed the latest research into the finest instruments in the pages of The Strad. Great Instruments includes 15 authoritative and beautifully illustrated articles from the past ten years, which provide unique insights into some of the world’s most celebrated stringed instruments.
|Dimensions||29.5 x 21.5 cm|
SUBSCRIBE today from £4.41 a month
- No need to wait – start reading today, with a digital edition of each new issue available on The Strad website
- Dedicated sections for players, teachers and luthiers
- Digital issues back to January 2010, giving you access to a wealth of archived content
- Unlimited access to premium online content
- Digital special supplements including Accessories, Degrees and String Courses
- Access from anywhere on your devices
To see our print + online options click here.
For a limited time only, The Strad is issuing the first in the In Focus series with a beautiful, new limited edition cover.
This collection of articles from The Strad’s long-running In Focus series brings together more than 80 fascinating stringed instruments, with commentaries by some of today’s top instrument experts.
Makers include Antonio Stradivari, Guarneri ‘del Gesù’ and G.B. Guadagnini, but also lesser-known masters such as Paul Knorr, Dante Baldoni, Charles Nicolas Altermatt and many others. This makes it an essential resource for anyone seeking to extend their lutherie knowledge into areas and makers whose work is more rare, and a significant addition to the lutherie literature.
In Focus features exceptional high-quality photographs for every featured instrument – front, back and scroll – this book will provide inspiration for today’s makers and anyone who enjoys the beauty and variety of stringed instruments.