How will you shape your FUTURE?
Royal Institution of Great Britain
21 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BS
09.15 – 18.00, 24 March 2019
The Strad will be staging a spectacular festival called STRADFEST at the Royal Institution of Great Britain in Mayfair on 24th March 2019. This one-day immersive event is designed to help string players develop an exciting career.
We’re delighted to confirm that international violin soloist Anne Akiko Meyers will give a recital on her c.1741 ‘Vieuxtemps’ Guarneri ‘del Gèsu’, the world’s most expensive instrument. International jazz violinist Max Grosch will also give three insightful masterclasses on improvisation.
Book a place here
Learn how to
- Win a place at your chosen conservatoire
- Impress at orchestral audition
- Wow a competition jury
- Boost your stage presence and online profile
- Look after your physical and mental health
- Conservatoire tutors and players from leading ensembles
- Experts from top competitions, record labels and academies
- New chamber music partners in string quartet sessions
- Luthiers with advice on finding, acquiring and caring for your perfect instrument
- Musicians with alternative careers, from journalism to acoustic engineering
- A friendly introduction to the world of improvisation
- An exhibition of historical images from The Strad’s extensive archive
- Beautiful and thought-provoking artwork by a leading artist and musician
- AND an exclusive and intimate performance by leading soloist Anne Akiko Meyers on her c.1741 ‘Vieuxtemps’ Guarneri ‘del Gesù’ violin
Special half price ticket offer
Enter promotion code TS50 to save 50%
General Admission – £49 £24.50
Group Ticket – £147 £73.50 (allows you to purchase 4 tickets for the price of 3)
ALL TICKETS INCLUDE:
- All day admission with access to all sessions (subject to availability)
- Admission to the concert
- 3-month digital subscription to The Strad (worth £12.99)
Joining us? Get tickets here
SPECIAL HALF PRICE TICKET OFFER:
to celebrate the launch of Stradfest, for a limited period we’re offering tickets at half price – book NOW to avoid disappointment.