In this issue:
- Heifetz at Carnegie Hall: One hundred years since the 16-year-old Russian took to the world stage
- The 1732 Guarneri ‘Del Gesù’ violin which languished for decades in a dusty Bueno Aires store room
- Do the string sections of US orchestras create a distinctive national sound?
- The Brazilian lutherie tradition, forged by the contribution of Italian migrants
- New York Phil concertmaster Frank Huang on China, America and the teachers who shaped his sound
We also bring you news of the latest competitions, products and auctions, and comprehensive reviews of concerts, CDs and books.