The Artemis Quartet discuss Beethoven and the benefits of standing up to perform, and we examine how Rostropovich may have influenced Prokofiev. There’s a retrospective of Leonid Kogan’s career, and a Masterclass on Strauss’s Don Quixote. Plus, the results of a seven-year study into Stradivari’s varnish.
|Dimensions||21 x 30 x 0.5 cm|
- 12 issues in print – Priority Mail
- Two detailed instrument posters a year – Includes measurements and thickness maps (posters usually retail at £19.95 each)
- The Strad Directory: the essential annual guide for the string music industry, with global listings for businesses, artisans and organisations (usually retails at £19.95)
- No need to wait – start reading today, with a digital edition of each new issue available on The Strad website
- Dedicated sections for players, teachers and luthiers
- Digital issues back to January 2010, giving you access to a wealth of archived content
- Unlimited access to premium online content
- Special supplements, in print and online, including Accessories, String Courses and Degrees
- Access from anywhere on your devices
To see our online subscription options click here.
For a limited time only, The Strad is issuing the first in the In Focus series with a beautiful, new limited edition cover.
This collection of articles from The Strad’s long-running In Focus series brings together more than 80 fascinating stringed instruments, with commentaries by some of today’s top instrument experts.
Makers include Antonio Stradivari, Guarneri ‘del Gesù’ and G.B. Guadagnini, but also lesser-known masters such as Paul Knorr, Dante Baldoni, Charles Nicolas Altermatt and many others. This makes it an essential resource for anyone seeking to extend their lutherie knowledge into areas and makers whose work is more rare, and a significant addition to the lutherie literature.
In Focus features exceptional high-quality photographs for every featured instrument – front, back and scroll – this book will provide inspiration for today’s makers and anyone who enjoys the beauty and variety of stringed instruments.