In a German-themed issue, Johannes Moser discusses his love of experimental repertoire and we examine the mystery of Jacob Stainer’s birthdate. There’s a Beethoven Session Report with Rachel Podger, and a look at two German lutherie families who found success in the US. Plus double bassist Christine Hoock’s Sentimental Work
We examine the Venetian double bass and meet genre-defying cellist Abel Selaocoe. There’s a tribute to Bottesini and a look at Jascha Heifetz’s teaching methods. Plus a cello Masterclass on playing Fauré, Elgar and Saint-Saëns.
SUBSCRIBE today from £5.25 a month
- 12 issues in print – Priority Mail
- Two detailed instrument posters a year – Includes measurements and thickness maps (posters usually retail at £19.95 each)
- The Strad Directory: the essential annual guide for the string music industry, with global listings for businesses, artisans and organisations (usually retails at £19.95)
- No need to wait – start reading today, with a digital edition of each new issue available on The Strad website
- Dedicated sections for players, teachers and luthiers
- Digital issues back to January 2010, giving you access to a wealth of archived content
- Unlimited access to premium online content
- Special supplements, in print and online, including Accessories, String Courses and Degrees
- Access from anywhere on your devices
To see our online subscription options click here.